Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What to do with leftover pie crust...

I have been making my own pie crusts ever since my wonderful friend Jenny taught me how and I realized it's really not that difficult (thanks Jenny!). Since then I have had the (fortunate) problem of being left with extra pie crust after finishing my pies. No tears here! I usually just put a little butter on them and sprinkle them like crazy with cinnamon sugar but the other day I decided to change it up a little. I didn't know what exactly to call these so I called them turnovers. If you know their proper name let me know!


Easy Leftover Pie Crust Turnovers

Leftover Pie Crust
Chopped Apples (you want them small so they will cook in the oven well)
Margarine or butter
Cinnamon Sugar

Gather all of your leftovers into one ball of dough and re-roll it out. Shown is the leftovers from making two chicken pot pies (one for the freezer of course!) so I had more than usual.

Cut your pie crust into even segments the size of the tart you want to make. I cut mine into 4ths.

Spread your margarine over the pie crust as best you can then plop even amounts of apples on each section. Now sprinkle the heck out of the apples and the pie crust. I didn't put enough cinnamon sugar because I was worried about overdoing it. Is that even possible with cinnamon sugar? I don't think so.

Fold your turnovers neatly or like mine (messy!).

Cook in your already hot oven from cooking your pie :) at 425 for about 10-12 minutes. I actually didn't really time mine so I'm guessing on that.

Enjoy!


The ingredients


My amazing folding skills

Mmmm...nothing better than sugary cinnamon apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment