Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent


After my success with Homemade Laundry Soap I decided to try my hand at Homemade Dishwasher Detergent. I....stopped using it after a week. It DOES clean the dishes. It also leaves spots on my glasses and plastics. Now, I should admit that I never scrutinized my glasses and plastics before using the homemade stuff so they could have always had spots, but after going back to  normal dishwasher detergent again the spots seem to be slowly going away.

So I have started using it for a scouring powder in my shower. It totally works in that aspect so I can't complain too loudly, but it does stink that I invested in a $20 5lb bag of citric acid and I am left with about 4.75 lbs left now. Anyone have uses for citric acid, I am open to suggestions!

Here are the tutorials I followed: One Good Thing By Jillee and diyNatural.

I used the Dawn idea from One Good Thing and the rest of the instructions from diyNatural. I found the stirring instructions in diyNatural spot on. It was clumpy but after stirring it and stirring it for two days it stayed with the tiny clumps it had and I didn't have clumping problems after that.

So, if you decide to try it yourself let me know if you're successful. I am going to maybe try this one next Homemade Dishwasher Soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment